Crimson Cash Alert
- Generic Crimson Cash cards (not Harvard issued IDs) need to be registered within Crimson Print for public printing. Should you experience difficulty using a generic Crimson Cash card for printing, please email CrimsonCashHelp@Harvard.edu and provide your card number so that it may be registered within Crimson Print. We are working on a solution to pre-register the generic Crimson Cash cards and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue.
Take Our Survey - We want to know what you think of our website
- Take the Crimson Cash Website Survey here.
Crimson Cash News
- Veggie Grill recently opened their first Massachusetts location at 57 John F. Kennedy Street and now accepts Crimson Cash! Veggie Grille has a menu that is 100% plant based, provides great sources of protein and can accommodate a gluten free diet! To learn more please visit their website.
- Welcome Class of 2023! We look forward to your arrival. In the meanwhile please check-out the Crimson Cash website to learn more about the program which is available for your convenience at no charge to you.
For your convenience you can click this link for the Guide to the First Year at Harvard for Students and Their Families which gathers in one place most of the information found useful - often essential - by new students and their loved ones.
- Crimson Cash can now be found on the Harvard Mobile App. Please click this link to download the app for free.
- Please review the revised Crimson Cash Terms and Conditions here.
You will be able to add value to your Crimson Cash account after you receive your permanent photo ID card, but unfortunately, not beforehand since you need the 16-digit CC number which is found only on the BACK of your ID card.
For security reasons, this number cannot be obtained thru any other means.
Crimson Cash is the key to many of your purchases and services on Harvard's campus.
- Crimson Cash is a declining balance convenience account accessed through your Harvard ID.
- No sign-up is required.
- You automatically have an account if you have a Harvard ID.
- It takes less than 60 seconds to add value online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All website features are mobile friendly
Crimson Cash is the safest, fastest, easiest way to buy the things you need at participating sites on campus.
We hope the following features will make this website easier and more convenient for you to use.
- You can see all the merchants that accept Crimson Cash on our map.
- With new features you no longer need to re-enter payment information each time you reload your Crimson Cash balance.
- You can now create a payment profile when you log-in with your Harvard Key.
- You can create multiple payment profiles from multiple funding sources.
- Once created just select the payment profile you would like to use to reload...and you're done!
- Proceed as Guest if you do not have Harvard Key or do not wish to create a payment profile.
- Click on the "Add Value Now" button on the left menu to start.
- If you want to get back to the homepage quickly, no matter where you are on the website click on the Crimson Cash banner at the top of the page.
How do I participate in the Crimson Cash program?
If you have a Harvard ID, then you already have a Crimson Cash account! No sign-up form is required. Your account is already open and ready for you to add value in one of these ways:
- Value Transfer Station - To apply value with cash, refer to the list of Value Transfer Stations (VTS) on campus at cash.harvard.edu
Advantages to You
- Time is money: Crimson Cash speeds up the cashier lines - just swipe-n-go!
- Crimson Cash value additions are easy to make, and are available within minutes.
- Anyone may add value to your account, but only you, with your Harvard ID, can make purchases.
- Your remaining balance is instantly displayed with each transaction.
- Your balance carries forward as long as you have a valid Harvard ID.
- If you accidentally lose your ID, your money is secure and immediately available when you receive a replacement card.
- There are no membership fees, service charges, or minimum balances.
- It's like having exact change all the time.
This site uses the latest security to protect you against unauthorized access to your private information. If you encounter any problems connecting to this site, you may need to update your browser version. See what browser you are using here.