Tell me about Crimson Cash|
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Crimson Cash
What is Crimson Cash?
Crimson Cash is the key to many of your purchases and services on Harvard's campus.
Crimson Cash is the safest, fastest, easiest way to buy the things you need at participating sites on campus.
- It is a declining balance convenience account accessed through your Harvard ID.
- No sign-up is required.
- You automatically have an account if you have a Harvard ID.
- It takes less than 60 seconds to add value online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So how do I participate in the Crimson Cash program?
If you have a Harvard ID, then you already have a Crimson Cash account! No sign-up form is required. Your account is already open and ready for you to add value in one of these ways:
- Value Transfer Station - To apply value with cash, refer to the list of Value Transfer Stations (VTS) on campus at www.cash.harvard.edu
- Term Bill * - Stop by the following location to apply value by charging
a lump sum to your Term Bill:
* The term bill option is currently only available to full-time registered students
enrolled in Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, or full-time registered students
residining in Vanderbilt Hall.
Walk-in - Stop by the first floor of Dining Services' Director's Office at
65-67 Winthrop Street to apply value with cash, check, money order or Visa/Mastercard.
- Medical School, Vanderbilt Hall, first floor (corner of Avenue Louis Pasteur
and Longwood Avenue)
Advantages to You
- Time is money: Crimson Cash speeds up the cashier lines - just swipe-n-go!
- Crimson Cash value additions are easy to make, and are available within minutes.
- Anyone may add value to your account, but only you, with your Harvard ID, can make purchases.
- Your remaining balance is instantly displayed with each transaction.
- Your balance carries forward as long as you have a valid Harvard ID.
- If you accidentally lose your ID, your money is secure and immediately available when you receive a replacement card.
- There are no membership fees, service charges, or minimum balances.
- It's like having exact change all the time.
Terms and Conditions
The participant understands and agrees that:
- Crimson Cash accounts are not transferable.
- No interest of other earnings will be paid to the holder or credited by Harvard University.
- Full refunds are only permitted upon graduation, academic withdrawal, or employment termination from the University. Partial cash withdrawals are not permitted. Refunds are not issued for Cimson Cash Cards.
- Restitution is required for overdrafts resulting from off-line transactions.
- Crimson Cash reserves the right to close accounts that remain inactive for a period of twelve (12) months.
- Crimson Cash is not responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards.
- Value additions are usually instantaeous but sometimes may be delayed by network traffic.